O&O AutoBackup 5: quick and easy backup and sync for Windows 10!
On every day of the week, we are contacted by desperate PC users who have accidentally lost important data that is often impossible to recover. Memorable photos that can never be reshot or a video of baby’s first steps are just a couple of the sorry examples we encounter.
O&O AutoBackup 5 is out now! It automatically backs up and synchronizes selected files and folders using an external storage device, for example a USB drive, an NAS in a local network or a network drive. Whenever that device is connected to the PC, a backup process begins automatically. This is particularly useful for people with no IT knowledge – simply connect a device and the backup process starts. The integrated real time synchronization feature protects data even faster. As soon as a file is changed or created on the source, O&O AutoBackup will copy it onto the connected target disk.
For even better control over the data, O&O AutoBackup can synchronize the files automatically with several different storage devices: users can for instance save work documents to an external hard disk and put holiday photos on a USB drive. The user interface has been entirely re-developed using new technology.
Automatic file comparison
Whenever an external disk is connected to the computer, O&O AutoBackup 5 will check to see if there have been any changes to those files and folders already located on that disk. There’s no need to start the program manually.
Using a simple file selection dialog, the user can select the files, folders, and even partitions that he or she wants to backup.
New and enhanced features
- Automatic backup on multiple target devices: Multiple targets can now be selected for saving different data.
- Engine and processes: Completely revamped for even faster synchronization.
- Compatibility: O&O AutoBackup 5 is compatible with Windows 10 and fully meets the requirements of Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8.1.
- Advanced settings: The user can specify to which folder the backup copy should be written, for example.
- Scheduling: The user has various options available, among them, whether a backup should be carried out with new connections only, or on a daily/weekly basis.
- Event Viewer: Logs the various activities carried out by O&O AutoBackup.